Read our About page to learn more about this project. We are interested in submissions that present your chosen words in traditional poem format, as well as more visually-oriented approaches.
- Format images as .jpg files and text as .doc, .docx, .txt, or .rtf. File must be smaller than 2 MB.
- Include link to source text.
- Provide your mailing address, email, and a brief bio. We welcome links to your pages/sites.
- We’d love to hear how you found out about the project, though this is not required.
- Attach you submission and email to: transform <at> gmail <dot> com
There is no charge for submission. Nor are we able to pay contributors. It is our hope erasure will transform the eraser/writer/artist and the reader/viewer, as well as the text. Thank you in advance for your contribution.
We still accept erasure poems from the inaugural speech, which may also be downloaded from the White House website. To make an Extreme Erasure: State of the Union Haiku, you can download the text of the 2018 State of the Union Address from the White House.
Those of a scientific persuasion might enjoy the annotated text from the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine, which includes links to scientific reports related to different statements in the text.